Friday, November 18, 2011

Mi Irish experience

Hi, I'm Júlia and I'm one of the Catalan group's girls who went to Ireland. First I was worried about losing the subjects while I was in Ireland but when I arrived there all my fears were forgotten and I enjoyed a lot.



Our plane to Ireland was at 10:30, so we had to meet at 7:45 to go to the airport. The flight was really well and we arrived there at 12:30 (Irish hour, which is one hour before). While we were waiting for the Bulgarian group, we visited the Knowth ruins and then (with the Bulgarian group, too) we went to have dinner and to the hotel.



I especially remember the moment when Andrea (another girl of the Catalan group) played the piano in the hall of the hotel. It was amazing!



On Friday, we went to the Kilkenny's castle and I really enjoyed the tour because it was all furnished with traditional things and pictures and it made you feel like a queen. At night we arrived at our host families' house.



On Saturday we visited Lismore, where we went to a garden's famous castle but we didn't go in because it was for hosting rich people and not for visits. In the afternoon we visited Ardmore and then, we went to the host's house. My host, my Norwegian house mate and me went to Eoin's house (who is the cousin of Muireann, my host, and Jaume's host) to play cards. It was really fun.



On Sunday we played hurling, the typical Irish game and then, we played baseball, too. After all the sport, we went shopping and we went to the cinema to see "Johnny English 2".



On Monday we went to school and we cooked some brown bread and a vegetables soup; I didn't know cooking but I learned there and it was interesting. After cooking, we had lunch and we did our presentations. I was really nervous because of that because there was the TV and unknown people. When we finished the presentations, we did some classes: I did art (I'm really bad at drawing) and Irish class, I learned how is "goodnight" ("Oíche Mhaith"). After this two classes, all of us learned how to play the bodhrán (a typical Irish drum). When we finished the music class, we went shopping and we went to a youth hall which had computers, Wii, and some other cool things. At night, we went to Eoin's house to spend the last night and we played some cards games.



On Tuesday we got up at 6:30 and we said goodbye to our host's families. They are so nice and I was really fine in their house. We were supposed to go to Dublin by bus, but it was damaged and the Bulgarian and Norwegian groups had to go to the airport by bus because their flight was at 12 and 12:30. It was a pity because we wanted to spend the last hours of the trip together, but I hope we can keep the contact.



Well, we had to wait for another bus because we had time (our flight was at 18:30) and when we arrived at the airport, we waited there until the flight arrived. While we were waiting, we went shopping in the airport.



The flight was nice and we arrived at Spain at 22:00.



All the trip was really great and I hope we can meet all of us another time because I enjoyed all those days!


Julia Suriol (Spain)



No comments:

Post a Comment