Friday, May 27, 2011

The trip to Bulgaria

When I was on the trip to Bulgaria April 8-13th, I had one of the best times ever. It is a memory for life, and I will always remember the good persons a got to know when I was there. All the people from Ireland, Spain and Bulgaria were really nice, and I have good memories from them all.
The first day most of us were nervous, and we were shy to talk to the people from the other countries. But it did not take so long before we got to know them, and then it was easy to talk with them. All of the social time we had together down there was really fun! Many things were very different in Bulgaria from what I was used to in Norway, but I liked it. The trip was a nice experience for me, in many different ways. The food was different, the climate, the school, really everything.
To be allowed to stay with an unknown Bulgarian family was incredibly exciting. I must admit I was a bit skeptical initially. But after I had come home to them, I was very happy, they were very nice people. They welcomed me with open arms. There was only the small problem that none of them spoke English so well. Yet it went well, and we started to communicate in our own way.
The boys in Bulgaria were very nice; they opened the doors for us girls and bought things for us, even if we said no. Slightly different from the Norwegian boys! ha –ha-ha.

Most likely we will not meet again. It is sad to think about since it was such a great bunch of people. One can hope that you will suddenly meet again; I heard some rumors that some students would study in Norway. That would be fun. Maybe we will meet again, who knows?  The world is not so big after all. Luckily I took lots of pictures on the trip that I can look back on when I get old and gray. Then I will think back on this trip with a smile around the mouth. I feel lucky to have been allowed to participate.
Hugs from the Norwegian girl, Maren


A great bunch of people

J


Luben and Me 


No comments:

Post a Comment