Sunday, November 6, 2011

IRELAND

Last 13th of October, five students of the Comenius project went to Ireland to make a presentation: the Catalan as a minority language.

When we arrived at Dublin airport we met with two Irish and five Norwegian students. We went to visit Newgrade and at the evening we returned to the airport to join with the Bulgarian students and the first night we slept in a hotel. At the evening of the next day we met with our host. I stayed at Conor's house with another Bulgarian student. The family was very kind and the stance was very comfortable.

During these days we visited a castle, a cathedral, a church, some villages, went shopping and went to a party. They also taught us a typical Irish dance.

The last day we went to Saint Nicolas School, the Irish students showed us the classes and they taught us how to cook some Irish food. After that we did the presentations about minority languages and we attended to some classes.

This has been my first exchange trip and I am very happy because I have had the opportunity of meeting new friends and getting to know another culture. In my opinion the Irish students are very friendly and kind and Ireland is a beautiful country. I wish I had stayed there for a few more days.

Alex Copetudo (Spain)


No comments:

Post a Comment